Here are some of the highlights:
- Reinvest in knowing your audiences in 2021 because their habits are going to change—possibly in a substantial way, says Rand Fishkin of SparkToro. The messaging and channels that are working now may not work in the near term in the same way.
- Don’t lose sight of how important a clear, strong and smart brand is, says Doug Kessler, co-founder of Velocity Partners.
- Conduct an independent audit of all your digital channels, says Ian Cleary, founder of RazorAudit. It's very difficult to identify certain problems when you are too close to your business.
- “Identify how content marketing can support live events and start making the case for it now,” says Frank Strong, founder and president of Sword and Script Media.
- Invest in your brand’s purpose so that you can help move the communities you operate in forward, according to Sabrina Brown, account director, corporate, BCW Global.