Here are five lessons marketers can take from Nike’s approach:
- "Maintain a strong social media presence"
- Nike aims to build its platform on diversity and belonging.. and is also “extremely supportive of racial equality and always includes men and women of all genders and races in their commercials and social media posts.”
- Nike has successfully partnered and collaborated with top celebrities to reach consumers all over the world. “Nike not only gets celebrities and athletes to endorse and promote their shoes, but the influencers also wear the brand’s shoes in their day-to-day life, showing true commitment to the brand.”
- Nike focuses on athletes and their accomplishments in ads, not on close-up photos of their shoes. “They delve into the struggles and stories of how athletes got to where they are and work Nike into these stories. They play on consumers' heartstrings and make them remember the stories when seeing Nike products or apparel in stores or while shopping online.”
- Sustainability sells. “Consumers have begun to value sustainability more and more, and choose brands that are more eco-friendly. In recent years Nike has switched to using materials that were made with less water and pesticides.”